About this Show

The O Reilly Factor

News/Business. (2013) (CC)

NETWORK

DURATION
01:01:00

RATING

SCANNED IN
San Francisco, CA, USA

SOURCE
Comcast Cable

TUNER
Channel v760

VIDEO CODEC
mpeg2video

AUDIO CODEC
ac3

PIXEL WIDTH
1280

PIXEL HEIGHT
720

TOPIC FREQUENCY

George Zimmerman 9, Us 7, Florida 7, Zimmerman 7, Boston 6, America 5, Washington 3, Watters 3, Mcguirk 3, Mr. Brown 3, Jesse Watters 3, Aclu 3, Obama 2, Nsa 2, Tennessee 2, Virginia 2, L.a. 2, New York 2, Texas 2, Laura Ingraham 2,
Borrow a DVD
of this show
  FOX News    The O Reilly Factor    News/Business.  (2013) (CC)  

    July 12, 2013
    1:00 - 2:01am PDT  

1:00am
that is worth protecting. help support the trust for public land and the gift of parks today. >> bill: the o'reilly factor is on. tonight: >> judge, this was a trick. doesn't the court realize this was a trick. >> my -- >> bill: surprising turn in the zimmerman martin trial the judge says the jury can return a verdict on a lesser charge that has prompted outrage from the defense and bolsters the perception the fix is in against zimmerman. herald will analyze. >> he has the right to live his life. let him live his life. he is only 19 years old. >> bill: incredibly there are some american loans sympathizing with the boston marathon killer. >> are you guys concerned about the nsa? >> um, not really. >> do you know what the nsa is? >> nope. >> and is the american public getting dumber? is that possible?
1:01am
jesse watters on a quest to find out. >> what do you do for a living? >> i'm a teacher. ♪ >> bill: caution, you are about to enter the no spin zone. the factor begins right now. hi, i'm bill o'reilly thanks for watching us tonight. the talking points memo he on boston marathon bombing second segment. stunning divomght in the zimmerman murder trial. today the judge ruled that the jury can convict george zimmerman of a lesser charge, man slaughter also the state of florida wanted to put a third degree murder charge in play because travon martin was under the age of 18. prickably zimmerman's lawyers were furious. >> just when i thought this case couldn't get any more bizarre, the state is seeking third degree murder based on child abuse?
1:02am
judge, this was a trick. doesn't the court realize this was a trick by the state? >> my intention right now is to get through the rest of the jury instructions because if we have any arguments about the others, i would like to get them resolved. we will come back to this one. >> now, the judge did come back and ruled against the third degree murder proposal. here now to analyze, attorney and fox news analyst geraldo rivera. so you do think it was a trick by the state? >> it was a trick. i thought it was a attempt to put something on the table that had not been argued. for example, bill, here they want to charge, you know, they want' to give the jury every possible opportunity to convict this man because they know they overcharged george zimmerman initially. it never should have been murder in the second degree it was never a depraved act based on ill will and hatred. it was just bizarre. it was driven by politics. they overcharged him it should have been, if anything, the manslaughter charge they ultimately came to, which is basically criminal negligence. but what this third option was, it was brilliant in a
1:03am
wicked way, what think were attempting to do is to establish a crime, child abuse, because, why? trayvon martin is under the age of 18. so they wouldn't have to prove the other elements of murder. they wouldn't have to prove the depravity the neglect. >> bill: the judge dismissed that. >> he did. but it really shows they are grasping for straws. they know they are on the short end. they know they are facing a stunning acquittal. >> bill: with you they do have a manslaughter thing and in florida that's a big beef. it's not six months. it can go 20 years. >> you can go 20, 25 years on manslaughter beef it only requires criminal negligence. it's the kind of crime like if you would drive and drink and you hit somebody and kill them. that is the kind of crime that where manslaughter could be imposed. that you could argue in this case that george zimmerman, because he was over zealous, because he did pursue this young man as he walked through the housing complex there, that he was criminally negligent, knowing he was armed, having a chambered round in his weapon.
1:04am
but i really do believe, bill, that when you look back on this, this will be a case study where politics has infected and affected the criminal justice system. >> the manslaughter thing gives the jury a way out. and it also, as you said, makes it much easier for them to come back with a conviction, which is what the state obviously they are trying any way at all not to be embarrassed and to try to get something for zimmerman. but here is my question. that judge then if it's a manslaughter guilty then she has to decide how much time zimmerman does, right? >> right. you have to get to that first remember though even though manslaughter does not require the intent of murder 2 because it can be a criminally culpable negligent crime, you still have self-defense here. >> right. >> you can't ever forget. it doesn't matter what they charge, if, indeed, george zimmerman reasonably believed, once trayvon martin got the upper hand
1:05am
that trafn martin was going to hurt george zimmerman. then george zimmerman under the florida statute has the right to use deadly force to save his own life. >> do you think the jury is going to understand that? >> i think that this mark o'mara, the defense attorney is extremely skilled. he is the best attorney in that courtroom. he will definitely -- >> bill: what about the wisdom of the prosecution today giving a three hour wrap? i mean, three hours? >> a fair question. a fair question. >> bill: come on. >> if, indeed, there was a narrative that continued uninterrupted for three hours then it could be three hours, 13 hours, that's not relevant. remember how effective the prosecution was in the opening statements. they outlawyered the defense in a way that made don west, the defense attorney, presenting the opening argument seem pathetic and amateurish. he recovered and became a much better advocate for his client. now, in the closing argument, this is a
1:06am
prosecution that is grasping at straws. this is a prosecution adrift. this is a prosecution who knows they have no chance of proving the case that they brought before the nation and the world. >> bill: why spend three hours illuminating that? >> well, what he is attempting to do it's distract people, i believe, from the nexus of the self-defense. now, remembering that i believe the self-defense is the heart and soul of this case, what bernie de la aranda -- >> bill: he has got to know that's ineffective because his opposite is going to get the last word on it opposite is going to drill home. >> another interesting point you make. >> bill: so, what the prosecutor is doing, is basically meandering all over the place, the jury has got to grow frustrated with that. do you really want to alienate the jury in your closing statement? >> in florida, uniquely, the prosecution gets a rerebuttal. they get to rebut the
1:07am
defense closing argument. in other words, the last. >> bill: another three hours? >> i doubt it. but the last person you will hear from is the prosecution. they get -- they have the burden. they have to prove crime beyond a reasonable doubt. >> bill: any they have to adhere to in the last rebuttal? no? he can just go over what he is saying again today again? >> like shows you and dennis miller you can go on as long as you want as long as you are entertaining and enthralg the crowd. here you have a situation where the meandering is diminishing. >> bill: that's what i mean. remember, is he doing it, i believe, to camouflage the weakness of the -- >> bill: tomorrow, the defense gets its last summation. and then the prosecution comes back for to reply. >> a short rebuttal. >> bill: the judge can keep it short, can say, hey, this is what you have got? >> the judge's instructions will be extremely important, i believe. and the jury will be able to tell which way this judge is leaning. do we have any indication whether they are going to
1:08am
go over the weekend? >> yes. 1:00 they get the case more or less after lunch tomorrow. if all things go as scheduled. that's only a couple of hours to deliberate. they will probably have court over the weekend, we could very well see a weekend verdict. >> bill: all right. geraldo is on on the weekend. >> i will. i will be covering it i will be there, actually. >> bill: next on the rundown, outrage in boston because some idiots are actually supporting the marathon terrorists. >> there is so much information out there that proves that they did not do this. >> bill: that report, and it will make you angry, after these messages.
1:09am
1:10am
1:11am
>> bill: in the impact segment tonight, the talking points memo, sympathy for the devil in boston. as you may know, 19-year-old dzhokhar tsarnaev pleaded not guilty yesterday to 30 federal charges, including murder.
1:12am
tsarnaev and his brother killed three, wounded 260 others by setting off bombs at the boston marathon finish line. dzhokhar killed a police officer while attempting to flee. remember 8-year-old boy was killed by the act of terror and many amputees. nevertheless, the slimy terrorists says he didn't do it and there are disturbed people supporting him. >> today, i would love to see him plead not guilty and force the prosecution to prove their case because there is so much -- so much information out there that proves that they did not do this. >> he has the right to live his life. let him live his life. he is only 19 years old. >> we're here to show our support. let him know he has people out there that does believe him n. him that he didn't do this and talk to people. tell them why we think he is innocent and our facts and evidence and the lack of facts and evidence to see if we can wake a couple people up and make them realize this is not true. >> bill: hard to believe. the trial of tsarnaev is expected to last months and cost the taxpayers tense of
1:13am
millions of dollars. but, why should it last that long? the evidence against this thug is overwhelming there are multiple eyewitnesses and what is his defense, that he wasn't there? there are pictures showing him there talking points is angry about this. >> this is going to be a circus trial as well. this guy is going to play to the cameras, right? he pled not guilty, everybody knows he is guilty. >> well, but everybody doesn't know that he is guilty because, under our system of justice, you are not guilty until the government proves you guilty yard. right? >> bill: do you know one human being on this earth, rachel, that doesn't think he is guilty? one? i would like their name. i will put them on the program tonight. give me one name. >> bill: i did put them on the program, the idiots standing outside the courtroom. the next court date for tsarnaev set for september 23rd. that's the memo. now for the reaction. joining us from boston, peter brown, whose two nephews were injured in the bombing attack. and lee leann who along with her husband sustained injuries in the bombing. both the guests were in the courtroom yesterday. begin with you, what did you think of tsarnaev's
1:14am
demeanor in the courtroom? >> it was kind of disgusting, actually. just to see him kind of just slunk in and have no look of remorse on his face and just when he sat down, just the glimpses of a smirk on his face to his family was -- it was disgusting. >> how bad were your injuries? >> i had a open fib buoy larr fracture and the lower part of that bone is shattered. i had a couple muscles removed out of my leg and a skin graph placed over it. so i had three surgeries in five days. >> bill: and those wounds will last you a lifetime, correct? >> absolutely. i have to look at them every day and that's probably one of the hardest parts is just seeing how my life is never going to be the same. >> when you saw this man and you believe he is guilty, i'm sure, correct? >> absolutely.
1:15am
>> bill: what was the emotion when you saw him? >> i really had no idea how my emotion would be initially before i got into the courthouse. but as soon as we walked in, i just had this sinking feeling in my stomach and, you know, that urge to want to run up and attack. but,. >> bill: that's natural -- that's a natural thing. mr. brown, your two nephews lost limbs. they are both, obviously, damaged for life. when you saw this terrorist in the courtroom, what went through your mind? >> well, when i first seen him come out, he had somewhat of a smirk on his face, actually, it was an absolute smirk. i was a little surprised because i was looking to see if there was any thought of remorse, but he never -- he never seemed to show it and all i could think of, when i watched him walk from the court door, you know, the shackles what a small little frail little kid and
1:16am
that he created such devastation and here he is today, you know, talking about not guilty and pleading on the media and all i keep seeing is things how this frail little 19-year-old hadn't done anything. >> bill: now, you believe he is guilty. no doubt in your mind about that? >> well, i think they absolutely he committed the crimes that he is charged with. i also recognize that he has the chance to a fair trial. >> bill: we all recognize his constitutional right but we don't want to turn it into a circus. it is a circus because you heard the people outside, mr. brown. what did you think about those people? >> i thought they were absolutely pa they thing. not only did i hear them outside, i heard them inside the courtroom, which he had this h. to be reminded that their actions weren't going to be tolerated in terms of any hooligan type of behavior. and prior -- while we were sitting in the courtroom, there was some sort of situation that occurred. we weren't privy to see, but you can clearly know by
1:17am
the raising of the voice that something was going on. i believe it was though supporters that showed up in his favor. >> bill: you know, there are thousands, i mean that literally thousands of young girls across the country who are sympathetic to this terrorist. being a woman yourself, do you understand that at all? >> i don't -- i can't understand it because i have to look at my injuries every single day. i think if all of the supporters that were there had to see what transpired those days and/or that day and live with the scars or the wounds or the mental anguish. >> bill: checked out and you are suffering and the 8-year-old boy who is dead and mr. brown's nephews who lost limbs. these idiots incapable of doing that in front of the courtroom? >> i don't think they understand because i don't believe any of them were there how you can be there and not have any sympathy for any of the victims. >> bill: they saw it on tv. they saw the reports.
1:18am
they hate the country so much. anything their country is involved with they are going to oppose. that's what's involved here. we wish you both the best. you are both going to be in the courtroom. we might call you often out from time to time. >> absolutely. call on us if you need anything or observations we really want to it hear them. thanks very much. directly ahead. >> thank you. >> will the republican party try to pass an immigration bill yes or no? star republican karl rove will comment. later, jesse watters travels to the boardwalk to find out how the folks are doing this summer. we're coming right back.
1:19am
1:20am
1:21am
unresolved problem segment tonight, there is some confusion about republicans in the house and what he they will do about imcelebration reform. last night fox news
1:22am
correspond carl cameron told us he doesn't think the republican also get anything done at all. but today there are reports that speaker of the house john boehner is urging his crew to pass something. so, what exactly is going on? joining us now from washington, karl rove, and you say? >> i say they are going to attempt to pass something, whether or not they do over the next two or three or four months is very much up in the air. but i thought the news reports today were interesting and you have the speaker of the house, john boehner, have you apparently the majority leader eric cantor of virginia. you have paul ryan the respected chairman of the budget committee all of whom are talking about the necessity of doing. this then you have the two committee chairman bob good let of virginia who is chairman of the judiciary committee and michael mccaul of texas who is the chairman of the homeland security committee both of whom are talking about measures that have to do with border security and immigration reform. >> bill: it looks like piecemeal measures, a
1:23am
measure here, a measure there. not a big what they call progressive comprehensive. there is an interesting op. ed for the "wall street journal." i know you wrote for that publication. tom cot republican from arkansas. he makes good points that in the senate bill there are loopholes that absolutely have to be closed. and he details them. that doesn't seem to me to be a game stopper it seems to me that the house could plug those loopholes, send it back to the senate, and reconciliation thing they do. and get some bigger bill to at least go forward on this issue. >> yeah. >> do you think that will happen? >> well, i don't think it will happen exactly in the way that you talk about, which assumes that you take the senate bill and repair it. i think what they are likely to do is move a series of bills which deal with the issues that are in the senate bill and solve the problems or approach it a different way. and then you go to what's called a conference try to reconcile. the big question is going
1:24am
to be do we try to move the items in one bill as the senate did or move them in multiple bills like the house did? but, look, here is the bottom line, the bottom line is that nobody ever expected the senate bill to be accepted by the house. we never expect the house to operate in exactly the same way that the senate does. there is a much more diffuse structure in the house that requires these committees to deal with these areas of subject matter that they're responsible for, jurisdiction. and then we also know that the process is going to be longer in the house and the house is going to take a different attitude on a series of issues. but the question is at the end of the day is there a possibility that something will get done? i think so. but i admit it's very much up in the air. >> shepard: all right. so cammeron doesn't think it's going to get done. if it doesn't get done then you come back to the republican party, harming itself. now we know there are certain republicans that are never going to vote for any immigration reform. they are just not going to do it and basically they say we don't trust the government, they are not going to do what he this say. it doesn't matter what's in the bill they won't do it anyway, we are never going to support anything.
1:25am
as i say in the letters, i answer a letter later on in the program to a woman who writes in that vein. well then you say hello to hillary clinton as president in 2016. wait. do you believe that? do you believe the republican party sabotages, blows up, doesn't accept whatever description you want to make immigration reform, that the democrats will run with that and they will win in 2016? >> look, getting the hispanic votes is not the only thing that republicans need to do in order to win the white house in 2016. but it is an important thing. and recognize this. pluck opinion is changing. the associated press, for example, just simply says do you support a pathway to citizenship? this year was 53%. and in 2010, it was 31%. this is even more interesting. pew said all right, do you accept that illegal immigrants can become a citizen if they have to go through a long waiting period, have to pay taxes and a penalty, have to pass a criminal background check, and have to learn
1:26am
english, 86% of republicans say i favor that. 86% of democrats. 88% of independence. so depending on how the bill is, and the devil, when it comes to legislation, is always in the details, if you have a tough bill like, this it will gain widespread support among republicans, democrats, and independence. but, yeah, this is a threshold issue and if republicans don't get past it, we may end up seeing the latino vote go the way of the african-american vote. that is totally in the democratic column. in texas, we get 40% of the latino vote for our statewide candidates on a regular basis. george bush got 44% of the latino vote nationwide in 2004. and mitt romney in ohio got 42% of the latino vote when he got past the issue of, you know, send them all home and got on to the economic message. so, republicans could do themselves some good by this but more importantly, the current system is >> bill: all right, mr. rove, thank you. plenty more ahead as we move along this evening. judicial watch uncovers
1:27am
showing eric holder's justice department may have caused racial division over the trayvon martin case. laura ingraham will comment. and then gutfeld, mcguirk on excessive drinking in the u.s.a. it's costing us more than $200 billion a year. bottoms up. we hope you stay tuned to those reports.
1:28am
1:29am
1:30am
>> bill: week in the review
1:31am
from the ingle angle segment tonight. trayvon martin trial triggered by race. the florida where the alleged crime took place police chief said he was fired from his job for not arresting george zimmerman immediately. >> saying this was the result of political pressure that you lost your job. >> i believe it was political pressure and the fact that i upheld my oath. this was pressure applied. the city manager asked several times during the process can an arrest be made now? >> bill: in addition, the watchdog group judicial watch has obtained documents through the freedom of information act that say a division of the justice department send people down to florida from washington to provide assistance for anti-zimmerman protesters. if true, that's disturbing, joining us now from washington, fox news analyst laura ingraham. so the group is called the community regions service. what is that? >> right. >> what is that? >> it's a little known group inside the justice department, bill, and it it was provided for and
1:32am
established really at the start of the civil rights act 1964. people don't really focus on its role and it seems to be more active under the obama administration. basically they are sent down to rallies like this to provide kind of conciliation, support, and they have agents that stand out in the crowd with these blue wind breakers on and these gold badges. they don't carry weapons. but they are there to kind of monitor and quote facilitate. other types of rallies. tea party rallies, make sure the tea partiers are safe and it's all civil rights generated? >> it's supposed to be a federal civil rights priority to have in this
1:33am
group of individuals dispatched by the justice department to offer, you know, support and. >> bill: maybe protection and monitoring and all of that? >> exactly. and they facilitate conversations between religious leaders and community activists. it's very strange. >> bill: yeah. but here's the deal. if this justice department group, being paid for by the taxpayers, under the charge of the attorney general holder, if they were organizing or if they were paying for the demonstration or making it happen, that would be a big scandal, right? >> yeah. it would be. and it is kind of a gray line, right? because they have a presence and they had some language about offering support, that they maintain it was actually support for the crs officials who were on site and not to take one side or another in the protest. but, nevertheless, bill, it is very bizarre, i think,
1:34am
for the u.s. government to take this to the federal realm, right? this is a local, criminal story that has captivated a lot of attention. but, remember, when the president came out and he said, like if i had a son he would look like trayvon, he didn't comment on the merits of the case. but the president doesn't come out oand talk, you know talk about the 45 shootings that took place over fourth of july weekend in chicago, right? he doesn't comment on every case. >> bill: he should. he should but he doesn't. >> right. but he took this case to another level with that comment. and, you know what happened with, you know, the al sharpton stuff down there as well. >> right. real quick, do you think if zimmerman is acquitted there is going to be trouble? >> i think there will be some sporadic trouble. i think because maybe in part because zimmerman is part latino. it's kind of taken the edge off some of this. >> bill: different from
1:35am
l.a. >> it could be some stuff here and there. i don't think it's going to be like l.a. riots. no, i don't. >> bill: thank you. whenwhen we come right back gutfeld and mcguirk boozing it up. going to coney island and brooklyn to see what the folks
1:36am
1:37am
1:38am
>> bill: thanks for staying with us, i'm bill o'reilly
1:39am
in what the heck just happened in the segment tonight. two hot topics, excessive drinking in america costing us a bundle. first the aclu sticking up for accused killer aaron hernandez, a former football star. here now bernard mcguirk and greg gutfeld. are you capable or do i have to do of explaining how right out of the box. >> the aclu is sticking up for hernandez? >> i do know hernandez is a professional athlete who was accused of killing one of his friends. he has been put in solitary confinement 20 hours a day. he is alone. according to the aclu, they are defending him because they belief that those two things are torch -- classified as torcher, being alone for long periods of time can effect your mentality, can create psychosis and they believe that it is torture. my theory is that everybody who lives in new york who pays $2,500 a month in rent lives in a tiny box and they are also victims of torture. >> bill: they could be alone. okay, so the aclu says he should be in the regular prison with all the other people who may hurt him
1:40am
because is he famous. >> this is for his own protection, actually. >> bill: that's what the authorities say. >> right. >> bill: it will be interesting to see what mr. hernandez says, you know, i don't think anybody wants to be locked away for 20 hours. >> i do. >> bill: well, you are special. >> i would pay for that. >> this is actually a form of torture. how is he supposed to pump iron. how is he supposed to get a jail housewife if he is in a cell by himself? >> no lap dancers? >> bill: does he have tv in there. >> how key watch america has got talent. >> bill: does he have a computer? >> he has a bed. that's it. >> bill: got to allow them books. >> he has his imagination, bill. >> bill: okay. [ laughter ] >> legal aid light weights took this upon himself. he is not complaining. >> bill: the aclu just launched into this to make an agenda point that they don't like solitary and they don't like prison in general. >> you know what? let's have tim tebow say a prayer for him. how about that? >> you know, don't be cynical about that he hasn't been convicted yet,
1:41am
hernandez, and everybody as we know with you redemption, mcguirk, redemption. going to be redeemed. >> how about we let dzhokhar tsarnaev out in general population at the same time. >> as i said in the broadcast it's absurd the whole thing setting up there. excessive drinking in america, mcguirk, i know this is a subject you don't know much about. costing the taxpayer $220 billion a year. why? why does it cost so much money? >> first, let me just say that bill o'reilly's fourth of july gluten free bash out in the hamptons is second to none. billy joel, p diddy, they ain't got nothing on bill o'reilly. >> bill: all the dr. peppy they could drink. >> seeing bickel pool side that was a bit much. >> bill: that was not my party. that was not my bash. >> i was like a zombie for three days after that what they are say something true. i couldn't put a coherent sentence together. then again what's new? >> listen, what do you want
1:42am
to do? reenact prohibition? >> i'm trying to figure out why the taxpayer is on the hook for this. i guess it's all about hangovers and work and poor performance. >> they call in sick. just because you are lousy at drinking doesn't make drinking lousy. this kind of study impugns professional drinkers like ourself. i have never been late for work with a hangover. i bring my hangover to work. and i do a great job. in fact, i believe all the carbohydrates in the misery i feel makes me a better employee. >> bill: no truth to the rumor that you are drunk on the five each day. >> i am drunk right now. >> bill: we gave a test to gutfeld. drug test and alcohol drink. >> i drink all the hand cleaner in the bathroom. >> bill: you two cynical do not care at all it's costing $220 billion a year excessive drinking in the u.s.a.? you don't care? >> of course, it's going to be excess. there is excess in eating. are you going to ban donuts
1:43am
because people are fat. >> people don't get a hangover from donuts. >> you drink responsibly. drink on a night when you are not working. >> they are not. >> drink something like is a social lube brie can't. it allows people to get together. makes society work. >> bill: you two are usually all over obama, the democrats and the liberals for wasting money, spending money. >> that's not our choice. >> bill: 220 billion on drinking and you don't care? >> drinking is our choice as a libertarian i am also a libertine, i'm allowed to drink. do you know what costs more than drinking? not drinking. sober people are miserable. [ laughter ] >> bill: how does that cost the taxpayer. >> just cost mental health when they start lecturing me about how drink something bad. >> more incisive analysis from gutfeld. >> is this the bloomberg factor? >> bill: all i'm saying is it's a lot of money. >> but that's not a debate. lots of things cost a lot of money, bill. >> bill: all right. so, let me just wrap this up. you two, you don't care if they are drunk, you don't
1:44am
care if they are costing money. you don't care. >> you care to a certain extent. >> bill: that of course is the mark of an alcoholic. >> the world would not be able to progress without alcohol. >> bill: there they are, ladies and gentlemen. >> don't get in the car with them. watters on deck. sent them out to coney island perhaps the most flamboyant place in the country to find out what the folks out there are talking about this summer. watters is next. announcer: you're on the right track
1:45am
1:46am
announcer: to save big during sleep train's triple choice sale. for a limited time, you can choose to save hundreds on beautyrest and posturepedic mattress sets. or choose $300 in free gifts with sleep train's most popular tempurpedic mattresses. you can even choose 48 months interest-free financing on the new tempur-choice with head-to-toe customization. the triple choice sale on now at sleep train! ♪ sleep train ♪ your ticket to a better night's sleep ♪
1:47am
>> bill: back of the book segment tonight, watters world, recently there was a big parade at coney island which is an amusement area in brooklyn, new york. the mermaid parade is billed as the largest art parade in the nation. a celebration of ancient mythology and honky tonk rituals of the seaside. what better place for jesse
1:48am
watters to find out what is really important to the folks that attended. ♪ ♪ >> what are the two biggest things that you think of on a regular basis? >> my family and my art. >> what's important to you right now? >> you. >> i'm just kidding. [ laughter ] >> this must be awkward for all of you. [ laughter ] >> i'm actually doing my dissertation on cross dressing. [ laughter ] >> what are you looking to accomplish? >> adventure. just living it up. >> i don't know what we're yelling about! >> so what's important for you guys right now? >> bubbles. >> bubbles, bubbles everywhere but not a drop to drink. >> what do you do for a living? >> i'm a teacher
1:49am
♪ >> isn't it weird whether you have a kid and all your dreams and hopes go out the window? ♪ ♪ >> what's on your mind most of the time? >> being famous. >> mostly glitter, probably, i would say. >> well, goody for you. [ laughter ] >> some people live for the power. >> wow. really? >> my look was like the ghetto barbie but i'm the girl next door in the project. >> is he can? >> she is confusing. >> remarkable. >> he is wearing a dress. >> we do a lot of yoga. >> how are you? >> do you want me to show you? >> no, i can't do that here. >> do you think you are setting a good example for the kids you are teaching. >> yeah. >> do you love your body. >> yeah. >> are you sure about that? >> like the way you talk. >> okay. [ laughter ] care about what's going in
1:50am
the the world? >> of course we do. >> are you concerned about the nsa? >> um, not really. >> do you know what the nsa is? >> nope. >> that's a pitiful shame. i don't know if it's true, but, if it is, what's up, true but if it is, what's up, fbi. >> they are listening to everyone's phone calls. >> they are in for a treat, because some of my phone calls get real. >> are you a patriot? >> i am a patriot. >> love america? >> enough. >> 40% of us feel like we are the enemy of the government. >> neither man nor machines are able to stop this creature. >> consider yourself a patriot? >> no. >> but love america? >> no. >> good day, sir. >> are you a hedonistic type of guy? >> i don't know what hedonistic is. >> i believe in energy and
1:51am
vibes. >> what am i giving you? >> you are pretty true. >> do you ever watch bill o'reilly. >> i have watched bill o'reilly. i don't agree with any of his views. >> no idea who you are, jesse. but it's nice meeting you. >> you're a legend in your own mind. >> anything you want to say to mr. o'reilly right now? >> o'reilly! >> calm down. >> my father spent all kinds of time at the coney island boardwalk and the pool area, he's a swimmer. i don't know that that was going on back then. >> no, he wasn't in a tutu, your dad. >> here's my question. not being a wiseguy or offensive. seems like a lot of guys attracted to this. this isn't greenich village, not a day area, coney island is a working area. what is that? >> a lot of the transvestite
1:52am
community descends on the community during this parade. they are very flamboyant. >> a week ago, a gay pride parade. >> they are into pageantry. show off their wears. >> is nah the prevailing theme, cross dressing transvestite people? >> the theme was marine oriented, costume and pageantry. >> i don't see any kids of this. >> the kids are off to the side. this is kind of an ex-rated thing. >> i don't know if i would bring my kids. >> that's what i mean. a bunch of people having a good time. >> i had a great time. the transvestite community, big watters world fans. >> you know why? >> the colorado. >> fashion forward. >> jesse watters. a high tech test for you, moments away.
1:53am
"factor" tip of the day. testing your will power in a mome moment. first the mail. o'reilly, we do not want congress to go ahead and get anything done while this administration is in place. we cannot continue making compromise. will you say the same thing when
1:54am
hillary clinton is in the white house? that's what will happen if the gop doesn't put forth solutions to the country's problem. bellevue, iowa. we don't need new immigration laws, just enforce the ones we have. i have been hearing a locality lot of that on talk radio, jim. federal agents will begin forcibly rounding up millions of illegal people, entering their homes and removing men, women, and children. taking them to holding pens, where they will be awaiting deportation. is that your vision, jim? because that's what enforcing existing laws would mean. marie, connecticut. hey, bill, beckel doesn't know what he's talking about, and neither do you. as soon as obama get his hands on the immigration bill and sees something on he wants to change, he'll change it, just like obama care. old orchard beach, maine.
1:55am
o'reilly, are you convicting the boston bomber much like the media convicted george zimmerman. let the facts come out first. are you rip van winkle, norm? the facts are out. many witnesses, including all of us who watched on national tv know it. get a grip. greenville, tennessee. retired defense attorney, i was surprised that your legal commentators missed a big one. the reason the judge asked george zimmerman directly if he would testify, is to avoid a later appeal saying that his attorneys denied his wishes. good point. what do you and miller do on the live shows? >> miller opens with standup. i come out with some inside stuff i can't say on tv, we take a short break and come back and answer audience questions together. three more shows this year.
1:56am
friday in nashville, tennessee, saturday, october 12th, jacksonville, florida. saturday, november 15th, caesar's palace. tickets going fast. alec, new zealand. i donated $25 to help the military amputees but have yet received my signed presidential picture replica. you are pretty far away. two men have bought track chars that cost $15,000. they are patriots. program succeeded beyond our wildest dreams. del, i just finished "keep it pithy," and could not put it down. i was wondering what the hell happened to our country, now i know. >> my 15-year-old son has read
1:57am
"killing kennedy" and killing linco lincoln" and is looking forward to "killing jesus." tell him it will be out on september 24th. a tuesday. however, if you are a billoreilly.com premium member, an early look at the book. if you sign up now or re-up the membership, you will get "killing jesus" free of charge. "factor ". >> terry: -- factor tip of the day. with all of the high-tech gear everywhere, some of us have lost it. see if you can go one full day without gizmos. no texting, cell phone, computer games, or entertainment. see how hard that is for you. that will tell you the level of your psychological dependence on machines, an poimportant thing know. let me know by e-mail after the experiment. not that day, since you can't
1:58am
use e-mail. "factor tip of the day." we have to control the machines, don't let the machines control you. that is it for tonight. check out the factor website. different than billoreilly.com. spout off at o'reilly.foxnews.com. if you wish to opine, name and town. word of the day. do not be recalcitrant. again, thank you for watching. i am bill o'reilly. remember, the spin stops right here. definitely looking out for you.
1:59am
2:00am
>> good morning to you.for you. it is friday july the 12th. i am heather nauert. he could go free or face life behind bars. the fate of george zimmerman may rest in the hands of that jury. the jury is being given a new option to consider. we will tell you about the controversy straight ahead. the debate over the benghazi terror attacks. they are behind these controversies. what she told congress. a scam that